Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Managerial Communication presentation



I had just finished a session with my class's group presentation on the effectiveness of professional group discussions / meetings. It turned out be somewhat of an amazement to me as i can see young potentials are making their debut and as my admiration for them goes deep, i have a sense that this young graduates can actually do much better if they are being given much time on the hands on approach and personal coaching.

It grabbed my attention as i recalled back during my days when i was doing my Diploma, i attended a public speaking seminar conducted by Mr. Gerald Green, a well known toastmaster that showed us the ethics and critical essence while presenting. I can still remember some of his words of wisdom, ' if you want to be a good presenter, you must stick to these 3 rules of thumb: 1-practise , 2-practise and 3-practise'. What that has been taught to us still remains to this day and with that, i recall back what i've learnt to be passed down the the younger generations!

No comments: